CALL FOR CONSULTANTS: IPPF seeks research consultants on access to safe abortion
IPPF seeks two research consultants. Please visit the IPPF webpage to download the full Terms of Reference. When applying, please clearly indicate which consultancy you are applying for.
Deadline to apply: Sunday 20 August 2017 12pm GMT
1. Call for consultant: Research on access to safe abortion- review of the external landscape
jobs-and-opportunities/ consultancy/call-consultant- research-access-safe-abortion- review
IPPF seeks a research consultant to undertake literature reviews and research that will examine the various and complex challenges in accessing safe abortion, and the solutions and innovations to eliminate these challenges. This research will be used to inform a broader policy report that IPPF will author. The research consultant selected will be credited as a research consultant.
Areas of focus:
· Decriminalization: What kind of legal barriers exist and how do they impact on access to safe abortion, women’s health outcomes and restrict their human rights?
· Stigma and discrimination: How do heteronormative and patriarchal social norms stigmatize access to abortion? What are the effects of stigmatization and how can these barriers be addressed?
· Evolution and innovation of medicine and technology: How have innovations in medicine and technology impacted on access to safe abortion?
2. Call for consultant: Research on access to safe abortion-illustrating best practice from IPPF abortion programmes
jobs-and-opportunities/ consultancy/call-consultant- research-access-safe-abortion
IPPF seeks a research consultant to undertake a review of IPPF’s abortion programmes which aim to improve quality of comprehensive abortion care, expanding access to safe abortion and eliminating abortion-related stigma and discrimination. This review will be used to inform a broader policy report that IPPF will author. The research consultant selected will be credited as a research consultant.
The review will draw out:
- Programme accomplishments
- Best practices in programming
- Recommendations for future programming